Link between allergies and anxiety
HVAC maintenance and allergies
Types of HVAC filters
How often should you change your air filter
- If you live alone with no pets or allergies, you may be able to wait six to 12 months to change your filter. This is also true for vacation homes that see little use.
- If you have a family but no pets or allergies, plan to change your filter every 90 days.
- If you have one pet but no allergies, every 60 days should be fine.
- If you have multiple pets or anyone in the house has allergies or respiratory problems, change the filter every 20 to 45 days, depending on its MERV rating and how soiled it appears.
Other benefits to maintaining a clean HVAC system
- Better efficiency and lower monthly energy bills
- Indoor temperatures that are cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
- Maximized lifespan of your system
- Fewer costly and time-consuming repairs
- The system works when you need it, without worries that it will break down on a particularly hot or cold day